Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Lost Sheep.

3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:3-7


My heart mourns for the loss of one so young. I'm sure Health Ledger and his shocking death will be talked about for a long time to come. Yes, he was a good actor, and he was only 28 years old. He never flaunted himself, and as far as the public is concerned he wasn't a "bad boy". However, for me that is not what first comes to mind, what I think of is, what has happened to him now. I can not judge or ever know for sure if he believed in God but he most likely did not. Like so many other people he most likely died without knowing God. What a sad thing to think of, even if he didn't mean anything to me personally, he was still one of God's lost sheep, His child.


Now think of your family and friends... Where are they going?

No comments: